This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Piston storage

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JSTRICKLAND
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28601

Piston storage

Postby JSTRICKLAND » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:53 am

Hello again,

I am tearing down two C113 motors and will taking out the pistons and sleeves. I was wondering about leaving the pistons in the sleeves but had second thoughts, thinking the pistons would get stuck inside the sleeve. I want to keep the piston with the sleeve that it came out of right? Leave in or take out?

Thanks,
James

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Piston storage

Postby Eugene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:49 am

Vacuum sealer used for food. For lengthy storage.

Clean up the pistons and sleeves. Lightly lub the piston and inside the sleeve. Seal using the kitchen vacuum sealer. Label each sealed package.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Not as good as the vacuum sealer, but a zip lock bag is not bad. Use the non-slider kind for a better seal.
Last edited by John *.?-!.* cub owner on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:A zip lock bag is not bad. Use the non-slider kind for a better seal.
Desiccant packs and a good tight seal would work with zip lock bags.

Didn't fully research desiccant packs, but appears to be expensive for the intended application if you have to purchase them. A lot of places of employment get shipments containing desiccant packs, which are thrown in the trash. If you can come up with free desiccant packs they can be dried out with a low heat.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”