This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall A Bell Housing Maintenance

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06443

Farmall A Bell Housing Maintenance

Postby nomad » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:32 am

I removed the lower bell housing cover to drop the oil pan on my Farmall A. To my surprise I found a very tightly packed mouse/chipmunk nest. While I search for the missing bolts (that I may have accidentally vacuumed up with the nest debris) I am wondering if there is anything I should do in there--like spray lubricant or anything?

Thanks, Nomad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall A Bell Housing Maintenance

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm

On an A, there is nothing up in there but the flywheel, clutch, throwout bearing, and the transmission input shaft. Only the throwout bearing needs to be lubricated, IIRC with the cheapest grease you can find, same as the Cub. The clutch itself receives no lubricant, for obvious reasons. The transmission input shaft bearing is lubricated by the gear lube in the transmission.

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06443

Re: Farmall A Bell Housing Maintenance

Postby nomad » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”