This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SA hydraulic pump

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gerry Powell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78736
Tractors Owned: two 1948 Cubs
1951 Super A
Kubota L2350

SA hydraulic pump

Postby Gerry Powell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:14 pm

SA pump.pdf
(175.03 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
I have a hydraulic pump that I'm trying to rebuild and it's missing a few parts. What is missing is the check ball and the check ball spring and was wondering if anyone could give me some dimensions on these two parts. Since they're not available any longer, I hope I can match something.
The pump is I think a Pesco, which has ALCOA cast into the body. The numbers stamped on the pump are 360687R92 and 05101208301.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SA hydraulic pump

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:26 pm

Gerry,

I see what you're talking about but I haven't ever ran into one with these parts. I wonder (like in the TC auxillary remote valve) if it would still function properly without these 2 parts ?
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

lwhiway
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70578
Tractors Owned: 1 69 Cub, 3 1951 SA's and tooling for all 4

Re: SA hydraulic pump

Postby lwhiway » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:40 pm

What is missing is the check ball and the check ball spring and was wondering
Sometimes I hesitate to say things like this, but.....................

As I've worked with hydraulics, transmissions as an amateur with the help of others of knowledge, it's been my opinion from experience that using a suitable sized spring that will allow the ball to move off it's seat with positive flow, but stiff enough to force the ball back on that seat once flow in that direction has ceased, will work.

Same as the size of the ball that will cover the seat adequately. The right sized ball bearing etc and sized spring will work.

Of course having another pump or similar pump to get the specifics off of goes a long way quicker.

LW

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”