This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Differences in Transmission Gears

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Differences in Transmission Gears

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:02 pm

A fellow came by today asking a question about some transmission gears in his 1965 Farmall 140. He said his were messed up and wanted to see if I had any that would fit his tractor. I have a transmission that came out of a 1957 Farmall 130 and let him take it with him to try it. He was going to remove the gears out of the transmission I gave him and use them in his. He said his gears were cut on a 45 and the ones in the 130 wouldn't work because they were different.

I've looked in the parts catalog online for the 130 and the 140 and can't tell what is what by the info they give. Do any of you know what I'm talking about or have you ran into this before? Jim Becker....would you know any changes made to these gears?
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Differences in Transmission Gears

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 am

I've ever been in a 140 transmission. I can tell you that the 4th gear in a 240 has helical cut gears. Maybe the 140 does too. The 140 has some different gear ratios from the earlier tractors. The shafts and case are the same. So the gears should interchange if you move complete sets for each gear. Since the 100/130/140 are in the same parts catalog, You can get specifics on which gears are the same and which are different from it.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”