Nose pump addition on SA's

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lwhiway
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70578
Tractors Owned: 1 69 Cub, 3 1951 SA's and tooling for all 4

Nose pump addition on SA's

Postby lwhiway » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:39 pm

I'm currently in the process of building, from scratch, two IH FEL's of the 1000 model. Single arm etc.

One or both may be kept, or one will be sold, not sure as yet. I'll wait till I have one installed and working on one of my SA's and then make that decision. As there are many times that find me using belly mounted tooling as well as a mower there, I'm thinking to have one of the SA's with the FEL and the other without for convenience.

At the prices I'm seeing for used loaders for the Farmalls I'm sure moving one to a new customer will not be much of a problem.

Having a complete welding and machine shop allows me to get into large builds like this easily.

With the addition of the FEL, I'm wanting to add remote hydraulic ports in front and on the rear for other hydraulic needs, more than I'm wanting to push off the supplied TC hydraulic system.

That said, I'm trying to find ideas of what type or more specific which pump would be suited for the addition.

I'm sure that something that would provide something within a 4 to 6 gpm at the rpm of an SA would be suitable.

Geared pumps would be my wants as well.

Ideas would be appreciated.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Nose pump addition on SA's

Postby SONNY » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Pumps like the Oliver 525 and John Deere 55, 95, etc. should work.--The one used on the Oliver combine was direct crank mount. ---Deere was belt drive.---They were around 12---15 or so gpm.---Just right for loader + other outlets. I also have a tc-24 vane pump that was chain drive from pto and on a dump trailer.--It is rated at 24 gpm.
My 420-u Deere has a front mount for the loader and backhoe and I can also see if I can get specs. on it.--SA would run any of these pumps with no problem!
A pump too small will be quite slow.---I don't remember the name of either pump, but can look at them if needed. thanks; sonny

lwhiway
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70578
Tractors Owned: 1 69 Cub, 3 1951 SA's and tooling for all 4

Postby lwhiway » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 am

Sonny, do we have members that currently own SA's using the IH 1000 loaders? I'd really like to have a moment to speak with one that does if that member would allow. I have a few questions on the loader builds specifically size of the lower platform rails, thickness and width of the arms and the outside dia of the upright. It would appear the lower platform rails would be close to 1/2" thick x 6" wide flat and the upright post at 4"x4" as well as the mast at 4"x4" all tubing being heavy wall thickness..

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

I don't personally know of one, but maybe others will come in and help spread the word!!---I only saw them on cubs, so I can't really picture how one would go on sa!---Sure would be neat!!!! thanks; sonny