This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 100 thermostat, another question

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farmall560
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall 100 thermostat, another question

Postby Farmall560 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:44 am

Looked at the 100 today planning on replacing the thermostat. Well, to my surprise, I see no place for it. Where does it go? What I thought was a thermostat housing is nothing more than an upper water neck. The engine is correct and the serial number for it falls into the correct year for my tractor. The service info I have says nothing about a thermostat :?

Hard for me to believe it ran without one. The engine runs cool, I mean real cool. Could it be it has an older water neck for an "A"? I know they used radiator shudders for temp control. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

One more question, where does the touch control temp sensor attach? I was looking the TC hyd unit over and cannot find any port where it might screw in. Can't believe I'm missing something that seems this easy :oops:
Brian

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 am

The thermostat basicly drops into the hose end opening of the water outlet. There should be a retaining ring that goes in on top of it. If you have the correct outlet, it will have a hole in the right side for a water temperature sensor.

The Touch-Control temperature senser screws into the end of the strainer. If the tractor was not originally equipped with that gage, the strainer probably does not have the provision for screwing the sensor in.

Farmall560
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Farmall560 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Jim, thank you. I'll remove the hose and have a look. Yes there is a hole for the temp sensor. I hooked up this option yesterday.

And no, the TC temp sensor wasn't originally part of this tractor. Guess I need to look for the proper strainer.
Last edited by Farmall560 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farmall560
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Farmall560 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:26 pm

Ok Jim, yes it has the step in it to retain the thermostat. Of course the retaining snap ring(or whatever it is) is missing :roll:

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”