Could it be a 100?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:22 am

Looking at a Farmall that is for sale ,it looks like a 100 has the 11 bar grill and same style front rims as 100, but does not have hydralics or any name plates the serial tag is sprayed over so I would have to scrape it to read. It does look alot like an A but some how appears to be just a tad smaller in size and less beefier than a A :? So with out scraping the tag is thaere a way to ID this tractor?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:48 am

Next thing smaller than an A is a Cub. Where is the serial number plate attached? You have pictures?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:58 am

Sorry no pics, I think the # plate is in the same spot as a Cub , but I could be wrong the tractor is painted a heavy coat of redish/orange and I trhought the tag was on the bloster like a Cub :? , ... If it is a 100 or an A where should the serial# plate be?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:14 am

The A and Super A serial plates were usually on the left seat bracket. Very early A had it on the shield below the pedals. 100 plate was on the bell housing. Cub and offset Lo-Boys are the only ones I know of with it next to the steering shaft/gear.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:39 pm

I may be off base here but Jim will correct me. A "A" has no provision for hydrolics. So a SA, 100 or 130 should have flat on the trans housing and bolt holes/threads for the T/C unit whether it was ordered with one or not.

Hopfull not confusing the issue


Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:32 pm

Cowboy wrote:So a SA, 100 or 130 should have flat on the trans housing
On the top of the bell housing (or torque tube if you prefer) but yes, Super A on up will have provisions for mounting hydraulics.