This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Please Help !!

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:58 am

You've got a definite fuel flow problem, so don't go adjusting anything outside the carburetor. Believe me, when you start fiddling with more than one thing, you make solving the problem 10 times harder.

It never hurts to take it all apart and start over just one more time. Check for good flow from the fuel line. Put the strainer on the end of the line just to see if it's restricting flow.

Run a fine wire through all the passages in the carb. Just squirting carb cleaner at it often times isn't enough to dislodge all the dirt and crud packed away in those crevices.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:23 am

Max, or anyone for that matter, what type "carb" should be on the 100? I looked at the eBay link that was posted, and that's a Zenith apparently for a Graveley? Only reason I'm asking is that I live fairly close to you, as I live in Yellow Springs. Just wondering if I might have a "Spare" carb to transplant onto your tractor to see if we can at least get it running?
Mike Duncan

Max_Wedge
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Max_Wedge » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:05 pm

Into Tractors wrote:Max, or anyone for that matter, what type "carb" should be on the 100? I looked at the eBay link that was posted, and that's a Zenith apparently for a Graveley? Only reason I'm asking is that I live fairly close to you, as I live in Yellow Springs. Just wondering if I might have a "Spare" carb to transplant onto your tractor to see if we can at least get it running?

Mike, I have no idea as to what should be on it. I finally found the carb number and it is listed as a replacement carb, but also found the number on Gravely sites with rebuild kits. I will be in Amish Country until Tues evening, then we have the Fair next week. Maybe we can get together after that and see what we can come up with.
Max
1955 Farmall 100 (Ol' Bessie), 1982 Honda CBX, the Six Cylinder SuperBike and a 2003 Ram HEMI

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Max, this week is pretty full for me as well. Dealing with some family issues and working way too late. I'm still at the office as I took off early both Thurs & Fri to tend to some family issues. Still hoping to make it to CubTug for Saturday.

Tell you what, if you don't figure something out by the 1st of next week, contact me and we'll see what we can come up with. I'll talk to a few folks up at CubTug on Sat and see what the consensus might be?
Mike Duncan

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:01 pm

Max Sounds to me like you might be sucking air. Check the carb mounting gasket Is it new? If you overtightened the mounting studs you may have warped the mounting flange causing an air leak. Just my humble opinion. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:14 pm

I often state to clean the little holes in jets and such with a piece of the telephone inside wire. It ha worked for me when cleaner and compressed air did not .
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”