This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

100-140 Deluxe Seat Position?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

100-140 Deluxe Seat Position?

Postby Super A » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 pm

I will post pics later, but I got the deluxe seat frame and cushions from TM (Valentine's present from my wife) installed on Ol Ugly the Super A today. The seat frame originally came off my grandfather's Super A, he installed it in 1961, but when I restored it I wanted to make it as "factory" as possible.

I mounted the seat in the same set of holes as it was originally on the Super A. It's adjustable, so after mounting I slid it back as far as it would go. It looks like I can re-mount it back as many as three more holes if I choose. However, I am wondering if it won't be in the way of the rear rockshaft arms then.

So, 100-140 owners (or Super A if you have a deluxe seat), can you show me how you have your seat mounted? It is pretty comfy now but if I could slide it back another hole or two, it would create a little more room for my long legs and, shall we say, "ample" frame.... :big embarrased:

thanks,
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: 100-140 Deluxe Seat Position?

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:26 am

IT will get in the way of a fast hitch for sure
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

BigMatt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46163
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub "Moe"
1950 Farmall M
1978 IH 184

Postby BigMatt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 am

I have a fast hitch 140 with the deluxe seat and ran into the same problem you are having. I was able to move my seat back about 3 holes without interfering with the FH. Leaving it in the normal mounted position wasn't an option.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:11 am

So it sounds like I need to leave it where it is....BTW it is bolted down as far forward as it will go. I can definately see why grandaddy got it back then, much more comfortable than the pan and you sit up higher! Lots of Super A's around here got one of these when they came out back then....

Boss I reckon the ony way to know for sure is after I pick up my fast hitch at your place, cant wait! :big afro:

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”