This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

130 disc

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
devin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21061

130 disc

Postby devin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Disced the garden today with my 130 with fast hitch disc. It's a double gang with notched discs in front and smooth discs in the rear. The notched discs are about 1 inch shorter in diameter than the rear discs. The problem I'm having is that the front discs are not digging into the soil but pretty much riding on top. I'm wondering if I need to adjust the leveling crank, or if the variance in disc size is the issue or perhaps something else. Thanks for any input.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 130 disc

Postby Bill Hudson » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Devin,

Yes, you most likely have a leveling problem. The disk frame should be parallel to the soil surface.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 130 disc

Postby Super A » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Try lowering the front end of the disk until it bites in.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”