This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 140 Original Front Tire Design

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rcbaughn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35575
eBay ID: rcbaughn
Tractors Owned: 1965 Farmall 140

Farmall 140 Original Front Tire Design

Postby rcbaughn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:44 pm

I found these and am wondering if this is what came on the 140 from the factory? I really want to get as close as I can to original factory specs as I can, just not sure if this knobby style tire is correct or if a regular three rib would do it.

Also, what company made the 140's tires? Mines a 1965. I've done a good bit of research on all the questions I'm having to ask here to keep from hindering all you good fellas, but I'm having to ask for your knowledge on some of this harder to find info. Sometimes you just can't replace decades of know-how and experience.
1965 Farmall 140 currently in restoration mode! My great-grandfather purchased new in March of 1966 and it's been in the family ever since.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall 140 Original Front Tire Design

Postby Super A » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:52 am

rcbaughn wrote:I found these and am wondering if this is what came on the 140 from the factory? I really want to get as close as I can to original factory specs as I can, just not sure if this knobby style tire is correct or if a regular three rib would do it.

Also, what company made the 140's tires? Mines a 1965. I've done a good bit of research on all the questions I'm having to ask here to keep from hindering all you good fellas, but I'm having to ask for your knowledge on some of this harder to find info. Sometimes you just can't replace decades of know-how and experience.

Most likely 3 rib.

It might've had these, made by Firestone:

They used different vendors but Firestone and Goodyear were very common.

In '65 the rear tires were most likely 45 degree straight lugs. Carlisle makes a tire that is the closest to original looking that I can find. M.E. Miller Tire has them: http://www.millertire.com/products/trac ... ialist-ha/
But any good tire dealer I would think could get them.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

rcbaughn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35575
eBay ID: rcbaughn
Tractors Owned: 1965 Farmall 140

Re: Farmall 140 Original Front Tire Design

Postby rcbaughn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks, I ended up going with a three rib tire just because they were cost efficient and seem to be what most go with. I also don't think the rough tread on that one I linked would've looked great the more I pondered it.
1965 Farmall 140 currently in restoration mode! My great-grandfather purchased new in March of 1966 and it's been in the family ever since.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”