This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bad rod bearings-engine swap.

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Countrytour
Zip Code: 13032

Bad rod bearings-engine swap.

Postby Countrytour » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:04 pm

I recently purchased a 1950 C only to find out it has 2 bad rod bearing cylinders 1+3. I've sourced a 200 engine in good condition but am uncertain if it will swap into a regular C. Does anybody know? I was super excited about my first tractor and expected some repairs but this does a good job about dashing that! I'm determinded to make it live again.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Bad rod bearings-engine swap.

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:14 pm

Is the crankshaft too damaged to just put in new bearings or get the crankshaft turned for undersized bearings?

The engine from a 200 can go in with a minimum of difficulties. The 200 has a taller radiator than the C. You may not be able to use the coolant outlet from the 200 engine. Your C might or might not have a water pump, which has some bearing on how to deal with the difference. You may need to use the C air cleaner. Don't know off hand whether the C and 200 had the same diameter air intake hose. All the big important areas (like the block flanges) are identical.

Countrytour
Zip Code: 13032

Re: Bad rod bearings-engine swap.

Postby Countrytour » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:59 pm

Thank you for your reply. The engine is only $250 and I think after its all done cost would be about the same. I also assume all the metal from the bearings and crank made it around to all the other internals. My C doesnt have a water pump so I guess I'll figure that out as i go.

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”