super c water temp gauge

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:15 pm

I got this old "c" out of a field and everything was stripped off. Where does the water temp stud connect to the block? The mannuel doesen't say. :?

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:46 am

My Super "C" uses a mechanical gauge. the boron tube screws in the block at the front right.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:45 am

Pardon the confusion. As a mechanic, I was taught to refer to right and left as viewed from the operators seat facing the direction of travel.
To be more specific, the tube screws into the casting that the top radiator hose connects to, this is also the bracket that supports the fan.
TSC has replcement gauges for around $30. I haven't checked to see if the tube is long enought for a "C".

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm

Virginia Mike described the location for a C that has a water pump. If it has no pump, the tube screws into the lower coolant elbow.

If the tractor never had a gauge, the elbow may not be drilled for it.