This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lots more questions

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Lots more questions

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Fri May 01, 2009 5:39 pm

I have a ton of questions, so I'll try to keep them in some kind of order. I have a bunch of stuff to tell you guys, so I'll put that at the end of my post. Oh, just so I don't confuse anyone, we are talking about a Super C. I want to apologize for some of these questions, if I had a manual, it would be easier.

1. Can and should I use SAE 30 weight oil in the engine.
2. How much oil should it hold?
3. I assume the Hydraulic system, Transmission, and Rearend use the same type of fluid. Should I be careful of what type? I'm not sure if I have any yellow metals or not. Yes, I've been reading everything I can locate.
4. Where is trasmission fluid put in? I see a plug with a square hole that's right by my gear shift, but I don't have a tool to get that open. How many quarts?
5. Same question about rearend fluid, I don't see any place to add the fluid. I do see a small square plug on the right side of the differential. I assume that's where you check. I removed that plug and nothing came out.

Thanks to all for helping me. I hope to be knowlegeable one day and return the favor.

I haven't got any seat time because the thing is so darn hard to crank and when I did get it cranked, I noticed a small wine coming from the transmission. It was just sitting there idleing, i wasnt driving. It may need some fluid or the sound might be normal. I'm just not sure.

I wanted to pull the plugs to check them, but my 13/16 socket isn't big enough. 7/8 maybe?

I went by tractor supply and the local International place. No one had any manuals. International can order them. Pricy, but I'll just have to suck it up and order them. I've got lots more to tell you guys, but wify just hollered it's suppertime.
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Lots more questions

Postby SONNY » Fri May 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Most all the square hole plugs in these little tractors are standard 3/8 drive socket bar (without a socket on it)
the spark plugs are 7/8 socket, (for D-15 champ)

I dont have a manual that covers the C, so I cant help on the amount of the fills! thanks; sonny

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Fri May 01, 2009 10:18 pm

I use 30 W
5 QT
Hydraulics Hi-Tran
transmission holds 5 gal with belt pulley and 4 3/4 gal without sae 90 w
rear and trans same share same gear oli
filler plug on floor pan kinda under amp gauge
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun May 03, 2009 8:53 am

I have an owners manual. I will scan pages......but need to get with Rudi for details. I would like to make just one e-mailing, that way everyone that could use it could get it off Rudi's server.

Transmission fill plug is by the gear shift. I think it's 1/2 inch drive. Transmission/differential share fluid.

As far as plug wrenches......You'll need a thin wall socket....one specific for spark plugs.

Dave Bennett seems to have answered most question....he's helped me before with questions too. Let me know if I can help....I have a few days off....even though it's pouring rain....I'm going to be working on the Super C.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Harold:

Shoot me an email and we can get together on this.. I will put it up as soon as I get it. There has been a few requests for the Super C.... :)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”