Farmall C & Super C Tractors, 1948-1954
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds
or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Fri May 01, 2009 5:39 pm
I have a ton of questions, so I'll try to keep them in some kind of order. I have a bunch of stuff to tell you guys, so I'll put that at the end of my post. Oh, just so I don't confuse anyone, we are talking about a Super C. I want to apologize for some of these questions, if I had a manual, it would be easier.
1. Can and should I use SAE 30 weight oil in the engine.
2. How much oil should it hold?
3. I assume the Hydraulic system, Transmission, and Rearend use the same type of fluid. Should I be careful of what type? I'm not sure if I have any yellow metals or not. Yes, I've been reading everything I can locate.
4. Where is trasmission fluid put in? I see a plug with a square hole that's right by my gear shift, but I don't have a tool to get that open. How many quarts?
5. Same question about rearend fluid, I don't see any place to add the fluid. I do see a small square plug on the right side of the differential. I assume that's where you check. I removed that plug and nothing came out.
Thanks to all for helping me. I hope to be knowlegeable one day and return the favor.
I haven't got any seat time because the thing is so darn hard to crank and when I did get it cranked, I noticed a small wine coming from the transmission. It was just sitting there idleing, i wasnt driving. It may need some fluid or the sound might be normal. I'm just not sure.
I wanted to pull the plugs to check them, but my 13/16 socket isn't big enough. 7/8 maybe?
I went by tractor supply and the local International place. No one had any manuals. International can order them. Pricy, but I'll just have to suck it up and order them. I've got lots more to tell you guys, but wify just hollered it's suppertime.
Fri May 01, 2009 10:00 pm
Most all the square hole plugs in these little tractors are standard 3/8 drive socket bar (without a socket on it)
the spark plugs are 7/8 socket, (for D-15 champ)
I dont have a manual that covers the C, so I cant help on the amount of the fills! thanks; sonny
Fri May 01, 2009 10:18 pm
I use 30 W
transmission holds 5 gal with belt pulley and 4 3/4 gal without sae 90 w
rear and trans same share same gear oli
filler plug on floor pan kinda under amp gauge
Sun May 03, 2009 8:53 am
I have an owners manual. I will scan pages......but need to get with Rudi for details. I would like to make just one e-mailing, that way everyone that could use it could get it off Rudi's server.
Transmission fill plug is by the gear shift. I think it's 1/2 inch drive. Transmission/differential share fluid.
As far as plug wrenches......You'll need a thin wall socket....one specific for spark plugs.
Dave Bennett seems to have answered most question....he's helped me before with questions too. Let me know if I can help....I have a few days off....even though it's pouring rain....I'm going to be working on the Super C.
Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 pm
Shoot me an email and we can get together on this.. I will put it up as soon as I get it. There has been a few requests for the Super C....
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.