This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall C help

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ffgonzo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall C help

Postby ffgonzo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:43 am

Ok, I am looking for some advice. I found a Farmall C online and the listing states this tractor can run on kerosene or gas. I am not very familar with the kerosene type tractors. Also did the "C" have a kerosene system? I spoke with the owner on the phone and he told me that the tractor was running last year and then just died so they just covered it up with a tarp and there it sits. He also told me that the sheet metal is good and the motor is not stuck. Ok the bad part is, that he is not available till this weekend and I am not, so I have to send a friend to go and look at the tractor. So please any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, like I said I dont know anything about the Kerosene type fuels.

I will have my friend get some pictures of the Farmall and post this weekend.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Farmall C help

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 am

Dual fuel tractors are nice to have, and really generate some interest. They had 2 fuel tnaks, a small one for gasoline to start and warm up , then a bigger oen for kerosene, distillate, etc. Finding C with one is pretty unusual. Most of them have not been run on kerosene in years. they run on gasoline only simply by readjusting the carburetor. C is a good midsized tractor, and if price is reasonable are good tractors. Being a dual fuel, it more than likely has a magneto instead of distributor, and may have bad points or a coil. The C and Super C were both available in dual fuel, so it could be either. serial numbers form enigne and chassis will tell more about it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ffgonzo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ffgonzo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks, I will try and get the S/N this weekend. And for the price, I am almost to ashamed to admit it but the guy wants 450.00 for it and told me he was considering something lower. I am almost ready to buy it sight unseen.

spadra
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97303
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
1951 Super A
1967 Cub Cadet 123
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby spadra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Hard to go wrong for $450 (or less). Grab it! :D
International Harvester Dealers of the Past