I have a 1951 super C that wont charge, the ampmeter shows a small discharge I am almost posative that the voltage regulator is in working condition.
The output voltage on the generator is 1.7VDC. I have cleaned the comunicator (AKA armature) with no change in voltage. Even tryed to polarize the generator and that has made no diffrence.Should I think about rebuilding the generator or replace it, maybe just change out the brushes??
Any Ideas Or hints would be Greatfully Appriciated!!!
FYI this is a 6Vdc pos grounded system.