This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Water pumping out front of engine.

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jaebrav81
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 42048

Water pumping out front of engine.

Postby Jaebrav81 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:34 am

Hello once again.

Well I got my 230 running again after 10 years in a barn. When I got it started the left side of my engine (left side as if I am sitting on tractor) starter spewing out a small crack on the front of my engine.

Now the block isn't cracked, but it looked like maybe a gasket had blown out. It isn't the smaller water pump gasket, but one that seems to start down past the water pump gasket and more down around the level of the lower middle of the engine. I know the water pump works because it obviously threw coolant all over myself and my brother as soon as we started cranking it and when it started it blew out good.

Has anyone had any problems like this and it not be a water pump gasket? What did you have to end up doing to fix it?

Thank you all again for your time. I really do appreciate it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Water pumping out front of engine.

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 pm

The water pump has two gaskets. One between the front and rear halves of the pump body, and another between the pump assembly and the engine.

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”