rim boots

Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:03 am

Does anyone know where I can get rim boots for 24 in. rims, to protect the tube.
Do they still make them?
Thanks PWL

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:03 pm

I think I have seen them in Miller Tire's catalog, although they don't appear on their web site. You might want to call them and ask. Good luck.


Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:04 pm

Did you try Millertire.com


Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:45 pm

Just talked to Ed Miller. He said if you can run you're hand over the surface and it does'nt scratch you it will be fine. He also said they make them for spoked tires. But if I needed to fix an area on the side to take Duct tape and put several layers over the rough area. 102 uses for duct tape I guess, is there no end to it's uses.
Thanks for the help fellows!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:16 am

I think gempler's has them, but they were not cheap.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:50 am

clean the rim as well as you can, then cut an old inner tube so it will fit in the rim and use rubber cement or 3m weather strip adhesive to hold it form rolling down into center.