Remote control valve on Farmall 200

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:07 pm

I've just started using a Farmall 200 that hasn't been run for about 6-7 years.When I pulled the handle to raise the fast-hitch,hyd. oil started spraying out at the top of the remote valve. My question is--does the valve use common o-rings or special seals,and are they still available? Thanks for any advice,Mike

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:48 pm

Appears to be a common lip type seal - 356784R91.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Thanks,Jim--I'll try that number at the local NAPA or the nearest CNH dealer.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:32 am

those older seals do shink after sitting and sometimes swell after the oil comes in contact with the seal. since the oil was spraying out the top, did you check your hyd lines to see if the got crimped or smashed?

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:04 pm

John- the next day as I was starting the tractor,I noticed with each turn of the engine,oil was leaking out where the manifold tubes bolt to the valve,O-rings must have failed. I got new ones but haven't had time to change them yet. Thanks for the reply,Mike