Painting tomorrow

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Bought a spray gun, A little practice, and painting the body tomorrow. I'll put pics up of before and after, good or bad!

I find myself spotting Farmall everywhere while driving. Is this a sickness????????

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Sweet! Finished my painting a couple of weeks ago. It's an amazing feeling to look at it when your done! Have fun, thats what its all about. 8) Oh, and try not to kill yourself like me - they say a respirator is the only way to go to not get sick :oops:

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:01 pm

Still to cold up here to paint!!!Nice today gone tomarrow!!!Going to try discing the garding tomarrow before it gets cold and wet again.Good luck painting,take your time.I stink at painting.Ketcham

Re: Painting tomorrow

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:54 pm

fire escape wrote:Bought a spray gun, A little practice, and painting the body tomorrow. I'll put pics up of before and after, good or bad!

I find myself spotting Farmall everywhere while driving. Is this a sickness????????

YES !!!

Is it Serious YES !!!
Is it fun ?? You Betcha!! Image

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 am

spiveyman wrote:Sweet! Finished my painting a couple of weeks ago. It's an amazing feeling to look at it when your done! Have fun, thats what its all about. 8) Oh, and try not to kill yourself like me - they say a respirator is the only way to go to not get sick :oops:

If you are using paint without hardener, a activated charcoal cartridge type respirator is sufficient to protect your lungs from organic vapors. If you are using hardener, for example a 2K urethane paint, a simple cartridge mask will do nothing to protect you from the hardener. Hardener's active ingredients are isocyanates, which irreversibly will damage your lungs, and you lose breathing capacity. Sufficient to say isocyanates are the active ingredients in pesticides (remember the Bhopal India plant disaster? I used to work for Union Carbide). Activated charcoal does not remove them . . . the only option is a fresh air supply mask/system. Be careful!