Seal numbers and shim stock

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:46 pm

How do i know which seal i need when the parts list shows 3 different ones. I need the outside axle seal and the differentioal oil seal in the bearing housing. Both of these lists 3 different numbers.

Also where can a person find shim stock? i tried the parts house's in town and neither could get it or wouldn't try. Need some .010 or .009 Thanks

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:53 pm

what model tractor are you looking for parts for?

try looking at http://www.McMasterCarr.com for the shim stock just type it in the search.
Chad

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:57 pm

super A :oops:

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:55 pm

A major machine shop supply store will have shim stock.

If you can remove the seals - take them to an auto parts store, major machine shop, CAse/IH dealer, etc.

Eugene

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:05 pm

I've already tried the parts store and they could not get them. I took the numbers off the seals . These are national seals that i put in last year from the dealer. I am going to try online threw dealer but don't know which numbers to give them from the IH parts list. I would order them anywhere i can get them if i knew i would get the right ones. :cry:

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Raw material for shim stock can be found in the trash container of any CubFest I've attended. :D :D :D I'll bet Donny has a new large supply now. :shock:

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:40 pm

You wouldn't be talking about pop cans would you? I'm not a big fan of putting aluminum with steel if i can help it. Plus i have .020 i need to divide around a shaft.