http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gall ... at=trouble

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:12 pm

That sucks pond water for sure!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

OUCH!!!!!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:30 pm

And I'll bet the Mercedes driver walks away with no charges. :x

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 pm

Don McCombs wrote:And I'll bet the Mercedes driver walks away with no charges. :x

It looks to me like the Mercedes took a pretty nasty hit. I assume it was the tow vehicle? What charges should he get?

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 pm

I saw a newspaper article of that posted on another site, and the post also ststed that the todays issue of the same newspaper had a followup article stating that the driver of the Benz has been cited. The impact caused the trailer to jack knife and pushed the truck towing it 435 feet down the road. The trailer turned over and the Benz ended up on top of it. The restoration of the tractor was completed the day before.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:51 pm

They were taling a collection for the guy at the chapter desk.That will never pay for the time and effort the guy put into that tractor!!!A guy reading a laptop.I'd be going off on the guy!!!How stupid can a person be!!!Kevin

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:04 pm

KETCHAM wrote:They were taling a collection for the guy at the chapter desk.That will never pay for the time and effort the guy put into that tractor!!!A guy reading a laptop.I'd be going off on the guy!!!How stupid can a person be!!!Kevin

There are better ways to do it now, and it isn't really an excuse, but he may have been using his laptop for navigation with a connected GPS. I found my setup to be very helpful on trips... but never forgot I was driving. I like the Garmin a lot more. :D If that was the cause, a Garmin would have been pretty cheap! :roll:

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Man my heart just hit the bottom of my stomach when i saw that picture. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:27 pm

I'm surprised that the driver of the SUV wasn't found dead at the scene!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:00 pm

The day after finishing. Enough to make you sick.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:58 pm

George Willer wrote:
Don McCombs wrote:And I'll bet the Mercedes driver walks away with no charges. :x

It looks to me like the Mercedes took a pretty nasty hit. I assume it was the tow vehicle? What charges should he get?
If I understood correctly, the Mercedes driver was the one that hit the trailer

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 pm

Not that it matters much, but what do you think about the strap down job. I only see one strap in the middle.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:21 pm

Looks like the tractor stayed with the trailer. Can't ask for much more than that.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:40 pm

The picture is kind of small, but I believe ther is another set of straps through the front wheels.