My collection, yeah I wish! Louisville plant.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Saw this pic on the ihregistry site and thought I would post it here. They said it was a picture of the Louisville IH plant. I thought those cultivision tractors were Cubs at first, but the grills look like A's and I think those along the outside are C's, looking at the steering and seats. I could be wrong. Those cultivision tractors sure look small compared to those C's so I don't really know.

Anyhow, sure wish this was my collection!!!

Trent

Image[/url]

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:39 pm

I'd like to have a couple of them C's.Wish they could drop them off!!!! :shock: :shock: 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: Kevin

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Yes, that is the Louisville plant. They built Cub's, Super A's, C's, and Super C's. Even built some M's in 1952 ,I believe (known as Louisville M's), and a lot of other models in later years.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:39 pm

by the headlight locations, the ones in the center are A/Super A. The ones on the outside (railroad flat cars) would be C/Super C. notice the steerign shaft goes down the left side.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:56 am

My '53 Super M was built there.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Neat!! 8)

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:10 pm

NOW THAT'S RED POWER :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Look at all those freakin "A"'s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:17 am

I love that picture. There is one very similar to it in the Oct. 4, 1948 issue of Life Magazine. That issue was highlighting "American Production." It's in color too. The one in Life was taken in about the same spot, but all the Super A's sitting in the lot behind the flatcars are facing to the left. If you look real hard the decals on teh C's closest to the camera say "McCormick-Deering Farmall" so it would have to be about the same time when both pics were taken. I like to think that maybe my Super A is in that picture somewhere.... :D

Al

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 pm

I think maybe they ar Cs not Super Cs not a lot of room between the gas tank and the hydraulic box. But dowg they look real good
David

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:10 am

Yes those are C's not Super C's. The pic was done in the 1948 time period, Super C's came out in '51. You can tell too because they have a small steering wheel, like a Cub or Super A. Super C used a larger steering wheel, more like a H or M.

Al