International Hay Rake

Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:54 am

Hay rake in local paper for sale @ $300 unlisted model number. Assuming its ground driven couple questions.

1. How big a rake could a cub handle, as i would use with a cub, not my bigger tractor.

2. If the price reasonable if opperable, not knowing size is a handicap, i know.

JOhn

they also listed a #34 hay conditioner's what are those? never heard of them, or called them? @ $250.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:38 am

I think a cub could handle about any ground driven hay rake I've ever seen.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:58 pm

depending on hay and conditions, you may have to go pretty slow if it is one of the bigger ones.

Re: International Hay Rake

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:42 pm

John(videodoc) wrote:Hay rake in local paper for sale @ $300 unlisted model number. Assuming its ground driven couple questions.
2. If the price reasonable if opperable, not knowing size is a handicap, i know.

JOhn

they also listed a #34 hay conditioner's what are those? never heard of them, or called them? @ $250.

meant to say IS price reasonable?

also what is a "hay conditioner" is that something i used to calling something else?

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:54 pm

John - not knowing what type or model of rake it is makes it hard to determine if the price is reasonable. If it's not "yard art"quality, the price sounds reasonable for a working implement.
The hay conditioner is an implement with rollers that crush the hay stems to speed up drying. It will be pto driven and is way beyond a cub's capability even if pto rotation and speed weren't an issue.

International Side Delivery Rake

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am

John,
I use this side delivery rake & tedder with my Farmall Cub.
I've experienced no problems on the rolling hills of Va. with it.
I purchased it locally for $100.00

http://photos.cubfest.com/albums/userpics/10104/normal_SDR_T.JPG
Mark

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:23 pm

A McCormick side delivery rake went for $35- at the consignment auction last weekend.