This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Restorations???

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Restorations???

Postby BigBill » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Since most of us here own framall cubs and most did full ground up restorations I was wondering if you did full ground up restorations on your other larger tractors too??

Are new parts, used parts and new seals/gaskets available for all the other farmall's too???

Can i get the same parts for all the other brands of tractors too? (Old ones like the JD's & allis chalmers)
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Restorations???

Postby George Willer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:04 pm

BigBill wrote:Since most of us here own framall cubs and most did full ground up restorations I was wondering if you did full ground up restorations on your other larger tractors too??

Are new parts, used parts and new seals/gaskets available for all the other farmall's too???

Can i get the same parts for all the other brands of tractors too? (Old ones like the JD's & allis chalmers)

Bill,

It's not very likely you'll come across any bearing or seal actually made by the tractor's manufacturer. For the most part they're "off the shelf" components made to standard specs.

Most bearing supply sources can cross reference anything you need if you supply them the number from the old one. Lacking the identifying number you can use the I.D., O.D., and width of the bearing, and general type (shield, etc) and get a suitable replacement. More modern seals will usually be thinner and still work just fine.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Time and money for a restore job!I keep mine going and do something every year to them.I don't know if they will every be restored but they do run good.Some day when I have the time :roll: :roll: :roll: Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Allis Chalmers parts are readily available for their more common tractors. I get most of my Allis and IH tractor parts from the local auto parts store and from the in town New Holland dealer.

Recommendation. Contact http://www.Valu-bilt.com and obtain their free parts catalog. Most of the common tractors are listed with their readily available parts. Also contained in the catalog is mower and plow parts.

The Valu-bilt catalog is an excellent reference. Again, FREE for the asking. I have purchased parts from them. Their service is very good on in stock parts. Their prices are some what less than competative.

If you are looking for off the wall parts. They also dismantle a large number of tractors and frequently have parts in stock that are not listed in the catalog.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 pm

Yes you can get most parts, just like a cub but some are a bit more costly. The 8N 9N fords ect are more plentyfull and less costly
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

red56turbo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52742
Tractors Owned: Check out my signature!

Postby red56turbo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm

BigBill,

Most parts are still available whether through dealer or aftermarket. The only catch, PRICE. Be prepared to hold onto your wallet sometimes. Some parts can be pricey. Always shop around. Some parts can be had at a different place for alot cheaper.
Tractors in the stable: '62 560D Cub Cadets in the stable: 782D, 1572 SGT, 1772 SGT, 1782 SGT

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:14 pm

Bill
Most parts are still available. We restored our Family 45 BN. Most of the parts that were not available through IH case , were the gaskets. Made most of them. Wheel seals etc were still available. With some bearings I went to bearing supply houses with the original and matched them well. They have a lot of contacts, all over US. Consider when you rebuild, to check all the shaft seal contact surfaces , I had more money in speedy sleeves than anything.
I had a Bearing that I could not find for our Right angle PTO (Cub) They called around and found three New Departure bearings in Detroit, Mi, I bought all three. Spares. Matched numbers from original.
We purchased our BN from My Mom $1000.00 Plus $2000-2500 Restore cost minus ,Time,which I do not consider as I am having fun.
I would not sell it for $3500
Here's why.

"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Nice job, looks great....after all the hard work the results are awesome!!!

I'd love to have a tractor shed full of farmall's someday soon i hope!!!
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”