This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor Cab

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tractor Cab

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:21 pm

I purchased this 240U earlier this year . . . came with the Wagner loader and cab. I got it at a good price? but it sure has needed alot of work so far.

Does anyone know anything about these cabs, or who the manufacturer was? I'd like to find sides and a rear panel for it for snow plowing time.

51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 pm

The bends in the sheet metal resemble some Sims Cabs I have run across. But then again every tractor cab made could share the same angles and bends. Try Sims Cab in Worcester Mass. I think their still in business. Sorry no Phone # or E-Mail. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:29 pm

Nice tractor. I've owned 2 of the wagoners in the past. One looked identical to yours. Hope yours is in better shape. The wagoners were prone to cracks I believe. My first one was so bad I just scrapped it. The second only had a few cracks and patches LOLOLOL. Anyway that looks like it could be real handy when you get it done!

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks to all for your responses.

WK, you mentioned cracks . . . yes, there are two almost identical cracks an inch or two long in the roof, one on either side in the same place, right where the vertical rear panels meet the roof. It looks like the end of the crack was drilled and a rivet inserted. Would welding trhu the entire crack stop the problem?
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”