1956 International 350

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:00 am

Hi, I have a IH 350 that I mow 3 acres with twice a year. It runs great and starts so easy.
Sat. while winterizing everything I run it about a half an hour just playing and something started grinding in the trans. under the seat.
It started slowing down pretty quick so I shut the pto off and placed the trans out of gear and it coasted to a low spot in my field. That says it's not in the rear end somewhere...
I was about 150 ft. from the barn door so I went to 1st and opened it up, after stopping inside what ever it was welded up :cry:
I wanted it in for the winter....
Now what do I do, this thing is heavy duty compaired to my cub. I purchased it off my dad and have around $500 in it, do I pitch it or take it down this winter.... I have other tractors I can mow my mini farm with. I'm in the process of going through my cub and can see how this soon adds up $$$$ What to do, What to do????

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:32 am

The 350 is a nice tractor I would fix it or you could sell it to me :D
No, Fix It
David
But if you dont 8)

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 am

I'll give you $600.00 for it to keep you from your misery.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:47 am

Sounds like a good winter project!

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:09 pm

I have to agree. You basically have nothing in the tractor, and 350s are really nice machines. I would tear it down and work on it yourself. If you get into it, and cannot figure it out, there are plenty of people here on the board who know the larger equipment too.

Bill

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm

I say fix it up and use it. :D Don't keep a count of the money you put into it :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:38 pm

brown5490 wrote:I say fix it up and use it. :D Don't keep a count of the money you put into it :lol:

Well spoken advice :wink: Grump

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:55 pm

brown5490 wrote:I say fix it up and use it. :D Don't keep a count of the money you put into it :lol:

I think I'll try that line on my wife...if you don't hear from me for a month or so, you'll know what happened! :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:43 pm

I don't know :?
I'll think it over while putting my cub back together this month. At the moment I'm pretty full up on working on tractors...
My dad's had this thing awhile so I'll talk it over with him, I have 3 Zetors and a half dozen Massy's I can use any time so I'm looking toward the scrap it side :( Other than it steering hard it's a sweet tractor to play with.... Think, Think, Think