Plows

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Hello, can someone explain what the differences are between a farmall cub, A, and super A plow. I am searching for super A plow with little luck in my area. Thanks

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:44 pm

Size and mounting hardware is the biggest difference if you are talking fast hitch the one for the cub has the beam # with the word cub at the end of the number some of the plows for the super a are two bottom where the cub is one.
Jim.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Jim, thanks for the info. My super A has the drawbar mount type, same as the cub. I see a lot of one bottom plows for the cub but nothing for the SA. Are the single bottom plows interchangable? Can I use any IH single bottom plow to work on the SA?

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:11 am

I am not sure about the interchange of the plows the super A would probably be a 14 or 16in plow where some of the cubs were 12in.the mounting hardware for the super A is different.
Jim

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:49 pm

Since the Super A is larger than the Cub (in all directions), so is the plow. They don't mix.

Quick visual difference is at the front of the beam. The Cub one has a marked twist, the Super A does not.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 am

Thanks everyone for help. This will help me when I'm out search as many of the dealers i've encountered didn't know the difference, including a local IH dealer in my area. The only type of plow I've found was a trailing 2-bottom type. I'm a bit surprised :o that implements for the super A are much harder to find, at least in my area. Cub plows are plentiful! I did find a place that has some plows but said prices are $385 - $700 depending on shape :shock: ! Does this sound a bit high?

kind regards,
Ed

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:48 am

Yes - the prices sound high to me. I think the pull-type is a viable solution.

Coulter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 am

Hello everyone, I don'y mean to drag this topic on, but I have one other question.
Does the plow for the Super A have a coulter as the cub plow?
I just bought a plow on ebay with buy it now option, photo does have the coulter shown.

Kind regards
Ed

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:55 am

just bought a plow on ebay with buy it now option, photo does have the coulter shown.

P.S. What I mean't to say was does NOT have the coulter shown.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:10 pm

I believe that as with most of the small plows, the colter was an option. Avery handy one when turning sod.