This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

install electronic ing.

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dw
10+ Years
10+ Years

install electronic ing.

Postby dw » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 am

Has anyone installed electronic ing. on a super c with regular batt. ing. No mag. just a coil.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

TJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72455

Postby TJ » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:30 pm

If no one here can help(witch would shock me) try YTMAG disscusion fourm for tractor pullers.http://www.ytmag.com/pulling/wwwboard1.html
1972int.cub , c-3 int mower , 54a blade
1950 M farmall "under construction"

If a word is misspelled in the dictionary who would know? from uncle johns bathroom reader

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:15 am

I haven't installed one on a Farmall, but I do run one on my Cockshutt 20. I have installed them on several cars as well. Installation is very straight forward, almost as easy as changing points and they work great.

Mach-z
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mach-z » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:33 am

When installing one here is a tip that will save you money!
It is a one wire hook up that is very easy. I decided to put a new coil on at the same time .[ we converted to 12 at this time ]

It doesn't matter if it is 6 volt or 12 volt either coil has to have a "resistor" in it or a external balast resistor . All [farmall] 6 volt coils have a built in resistor that drops the volts coming out of your coil to the pick up in the dist .

I had a 12volt high out put MSD coil so i used it !!!!! It worked great but the coil got warrrrm , but still ran fine . Here is the bight in the ass..

I pulled the ign. switch to the "on" position with out starting it to chech the wireing on the lights. Well after about 5 mins i smelt something burning guess what it was , my new electronic ign was burning .

It was toast , trash, crap all because i didn't use a ballest resistor on a automotive coil. If it was a 12 volt tractor coil i would have been fine.

But for what it's worth it ran great for that 1/2 hr i got to use it .

RustyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51646

Postby RustyFarmall » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:15 pm

Electronic ignition is vastly over-rated. You don't need it. The money you spend on that kit will buy enough tune-up kits to keep that tractor running for as long as you want.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”