International 444

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

International 444

Postby jaymac » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:45 am

Hi All

I am looking for some info on my 444 i cant get the thing to start the only thing i have done is to change to fuel pipes after that it would not start. I am getting fuel upto the injectors not to sure if enough fuel is getting up how do i test ?. Can i bypass the stop on the pump to see if that is the problem. I would be greatfull of any help.

Cheers jaymac
jaymac

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:36 pm

Did you do a thorough job of bleeding the new lines? Any air will keep it from running.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 75048
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby SONNY » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:38 pm

loosen all the injector lines at the injectors and make sure fuel shutoff knob is in run position, then turn motor over a lot to push the air/fuel on out!--sounds like you got an air-lock in there somewhere!--once system is broke into its hard to say where all the fuel drained back down from!
Had to do this on the 580 case ----d-188 motor and they are a pain to get everything bled out again, and running right! hope this helps! thanks; sonny
SONNY
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 00000

Postby zack » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:57 pm

check and see if you have a primer lever or bulb on the fuel pump. then as already said loosen the line at the injecter and pump the primer. It does take a while to get the air out but it works for me everytime. if that doesn't work let us know
zack
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby jaymac » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:09 am

Thanks for the info guys i will let you know how i get on later in th week.

Cheers Jaymac
jaymac

Return to Farmall / IH / CASE