This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I bought some cheap fun! IH 205 combine!

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:31 am

Good Score.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 am

spaceghost wrote:I saw some combines on TV not long ago in a demolition derby.
That could be a lot of fun. You could save some money on a bearing :twisted:
I was going to suggest just that. I've had the chance to see one of the Combine derby's in person, it's something else.

Almost as much fun as the Bus Demolition derby they have just south of my place in the summer.

If all else fails, you could always turn it into a very LARGE SNOWBLOWER :shock:
Mike Duncan

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:58 pm

A running motor is worth the 200 that you gave for the whole combine, so you can always make something else out of the rest of it if it won't combine!
We have an excellent 715 Diesel sitting in the shed that nobody will buy either!--don't know what to do with it! thanks; sonny

John68
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John68 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:13 pm

I wish you were closer! I would love to get my hands on a 715 diesel.
John

1953!! Farmall F-Cub, bought "new" on this farm in July 1955, in service from 1955-76 and sat 'til '93 when I did a total mech. resto on it & a quick coat of Rust-Oleum "Safety Red" paint. A full metal and paint restoration will be done.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:00 pm

Into Tractors wrote:
spaceghost wrote:I saw some combines on TV not long ago in a demolition derby.
That could be a lot of fun. You could save some money on a bearing :twisted:
I was going to suggest just that. I've had the chance to see one of the Combine derby's in person, it's something else.

:

>>CLAMBERING ONTO MY SOAPBOX<<

Combine demo. derbies are just stupid. A lot of good machines have been destroyed for the sake of some mindless "fun." I had much rather see them in a junk yard being parted out so that others can run, or in someone collection, than to be desecrated like that. :evil:

Call me silly, but think how upset we'd be if there were people holding CUB demolition derbies!

Let us see pics of the Gleaner K when you get it home. I have always had a soft spot for the old Gleaners and Masseys.... :wink:

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John68
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John68 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Amen on the anti-demolition derby!

There is the combine in storage. He is going to keep it inside for me until spring. The grain table is sitting outside, but I don't think a short time outside will hurt it. I have been experimenting with masking tape and 3 different types of silver paint to make a faux galvinized look. I plan on completely redoing both combines.
John

1953!! Farmall F-Cub, bought "new" on this farm in July 1955, in service from 1955-76 and sat 'til '93 when I did a total mech. resto on it & a quick coat of Rust-Oleum "Safety Red" paint. A full metal and paint restoration will be done.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 pm

John68 wrote:Amen on the anti-demolition derby!

There is the combine in storage. He is going to keep it inside for me until spring. The grain table is sitting outside, but I don't think a short time outside will hurt it. I have been experimenting with masking tape and 3 different types of silver paint to make a faux galvinized look. I plan on completely redoing both combines.

Somewhere, I can't tell you where and I may have dreamed the whole thing, but I think I have heard you can take something like muriatic acid and "etch" the galvanized and then spray it with a clearcoat and it will bring some of the "Shine" back.

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:20 pm

John!! this 715 has never sat out in its life!--it has an 810 grain head 16.5' cut,--843 corn head (4-row 30") and 844 wide cornhead!---its the quick-tach heads too! Combine is the gear drive model! Engine is the 301 Diesel. thanks; sonny ( sorry for hijacking the thread here!!)

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:05 pm

While you're driving it home, it would seem appropriate to bring along a boom box and play this song as you go

http://www.cmt.com/videos/craig-morgan/170788/international-harvester.jhtml?partner=emailstoryfriend
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

John68
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John68 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:18 pm

HAHAHA! Yeah, I love that song!

It was playing on the radio the day I came home from buying the combine.

Al,
I have heard that about muratic acid that etches the galvanizing and makes it look new again. I have also heard that it will flash rust in about 30 minutes if not flushed, neutralized and clearcoated immediately. I think the best thing to do is to find a replacement panel or get another gleaner panel from a bone yard, and try it on there first. the galvinizing isn't too bad on this machine, but the black chassis, and white cab do need some help. There is a twin with the consecutive serial number to this combine in this area. Both combines were littermates, bought by the same farm brand new. They were separated about 4 years ago. One of them was parked in a nce barn with a good roof, and the other one (this one) was parked in a pole shed with no sides on it, so the water got to it. it's not bad, but it aint real pretty.

Still some life left in both of them! I'd love to get my hands on Sonny's 715 diesel and do some real work.
John

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:52 pm

John68 wrote:HAHAHA! Yeah, I love that song!

It was playing on the radio the day I came home from buying the combine.

Al,
I have heard that about muratic acid that etches the galvanizing and makes it look new again. I have also heard that it will flash rust in about 30 minutes if not flushed, neutralized and clearcoated immediately. I think the best thing to do is to find a replacement panel or get another gleaner panel from a bone yard, and try it on there first. the galvinizing isn't too bad on this machine, but the black chassis, and white cab do need some help. There is a twin with the consecutive serial number to this combine in this area. Both combines were littermates, bought by the same farm brand new. They were separated about 4 years ago. One of them was parked in a nce barn with a good roof, and the other one (this one) was parked in a pole shed with no sides on it, so the water got to it. it's not bad, but it aint real pretty.

Still some life left in both of them! I'd love to get my hands on Sonny's 715 diesel and do some real work.

It's just me but even just painting the black and white frame parts, and then maybe a good waxing on the galvanized, would help a lot too.
Al

Cub 1948
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Cub 1948 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 pm

I have an owners manual for the 205, if you need any thing I can scaned it. I have owner manual's for most all older IH equipment, alot of horse pulled stuff too.

Len.
My Late Father worked for 41 years at a IH dealership C.Wilson & Son's Kimberton, Pa.
As a parts man.
we have in tractors:
6 Cubcadets: Original,70,104,680,682 and 782
1948 Cub,1950 Farmall C ,10-A Disk Harrow, Sun-Master C-48 Brush Mower

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Wow! Awesome find! Congrats.
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

68427vette
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 68427vette » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:10 am

i'd be interested if you want to sell the new find.. will pay more then your buying price-- small farmer
Looking to buy any WWII stuff!! jeeps, armor, anything wwii, or Korean,, I am envolved with the veterans and do many parades with my Halftrack, and other WW2 trucks,, and i like tractors, if you find anything send pics to me at jefferychester@yahoo.com

HoffAppFarm
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15857

Re: I bought some cheap fun! IH 205 combine!

Postby HoffAppFarm » Fri May 29, 2015 8:39 am

John,

Greetings! Just joined this group.

I'm actually looking at the same IH...curious what your experience has been with it. It's going to be my first one...have had good experience with IH tractors in the past.

Thanks!

Joshua

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”