Please ID these items

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:50 pm




I found these while cleaning and plan to sell them, but would like to know what they go to. Tool box IHC, IH battery box, JD? PTO Belt pulley?

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:50 pm

The battery box is possibly an H or maybe another letter series tractor. I think the tool box is from an old horse drawn mower. I have no clue on the pulley.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:50 pm

The battery box is off an Farmall C, that the kind I have on my C.


Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 pm

Nope, a C box doesn't have lugs on the ends.

If the battery box is the right size for a group 1 battery, it probably is for an H. The toolbox may have been a multiple use item, mower, binder??

The belt pulley reminds me of one for a Deere L or LA. If it is Deere, you should be able to find the "JD" logo and a part number in the cast housing. ... lt-pulley/

Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:33 am

Sure does look like a pulley for an L. If it is they are good property to have, very expensive to buy.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:01 am

Thanks guys. I'll get the sn codes on the pulley.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:21 pm

I have that same toolbox on my corn binder, and seen the same thing on a few horse drawn mowers...


Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Yeah my friend Dave M has taht tool box on his binder. I've got one on my potato digger.