Tractor cab edge molding source?

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:41 am

I'm restoring a 240 Utility that has a Sims cab. Where the (vertical) front of the cab meets the tractor's (horizontal) hood there is a length of rubber edge molding separating them, and it needs to be replaced. It looks like a 1/2 inch diameter thick walled tube that is slit along it's length, that fits snugly onto the vertical cab bracket. It's very visible so I'd like to find a manufactured piece. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could buy something like that? McMaster-Carr has an extensive selection of edge moldings they sell by the foot, but unfortunately nothing similar. Thanks.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:23 am

Don't know if they have what you want, but I'd start here:
Go to their on-line catalog then look at "Street Rod Extrusions".

Here is another (never saw their products):
Go to "Universal Parts" then look at "U-Channels".

If you have someone locally that does street rod work, they can probably help you out.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks Jim

I'll give them a call.