This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Wheel Bearings, & 404 points'

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Cub Wheel Bearings, & 404 points'

Postby SONNY » Thu May 08, 2008 2:06 am

Cub right front wheel sounded strange and the bearings evidently were not greased by former owner in a long time!
This is part of what was inside the hub!
The rollers fell out when I took the inner bearing off the spindle.
And THIS was the points out of the 404!
404 died in the middle of the yard and after looking at the points they looked rather smoked!---I put in some new ones and it started right up, so I drove back to the shed out of the wind to put the new cap on.--firing order is 1-3-4-2!--Right?-----Well this one only backfired and no start, so Virginia said to switch the wires around!--OK, at this point I am at a loss of a better idea, so I switch 1 and 3 ,now it ran on 2 cylinders, so she says to switch the other 2!---I did and now we got all 4 hittin again,BUT firing order is now 3-1-2-4!----What gives? My book shows 1-3-4-2!---did somebody get the cam gears off or what!---Interesting day!!
Anyway look at these fine "smoked" points! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Cub Wheel Bearings, & 404 points'

Postby SONNY » Sun May 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Cub wheel bearings in and now might have to consider fixin the brakes!!--tractor won't stop or sit like it used too since the front wheels are not dragging anymore!---got more HP too!!--takes off on idle, third gear, up grade in driveway, so I am satisfied !!

404 running good again ,but have to clean hydraulic filter screen again!--got slime over it again!---just cleaned system last year and put in the new expensive filter,put new fluid in, now the screen is slimed up again!--don't know what former owner might have used as hyd/trans. fluid but something is not compatible!---tractor has a front input transmission shaft seal leaking bad!(was leaking when I bought the tractor), and they may have dumped some sealer in the system, instead of just splitting the tractor and putting in the O ring seal! thanks; sonny

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Cub Wheel Bearings, & 404 points'

Postby SONNY » Mon May 12, 2008 9:40 pm

Got the screen cleaned today and 404 has snappy hyds. again for now!! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”