This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

W..W-9

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

W..W-9

Postby grunt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:21 am

Ok to make a long story short, just by chance when my truck broke down coming back from Lacrosse after having my Pto installed on my cub. It broke down in front of a farmers house. He had about a dozen different old farmall's in his barn. They were huge and beauty-full but the one that struck me the most was the w-9 he had. This thing to me looked like a man's tractor. My problem is I am not able to find any info on this model.
One of the small towns I drive through on the way home has a nice "w" out front for sale. So what is the difference between the W and the w-9. Is there a web site that I can go to?
Thanks
John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: W..W-9

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:53 am

grunt wrote: a nice "w" out front for sale.

No such thing as a "W". Maybe he put on "M" decal on bottom side up.

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Postby grunt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:26 am

Your probbably right. It was late when I made it last night. So still Where can I find some real info on these. I have already read all the tractor data stuff.

pmartin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pmartin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 pm

for all i know is, there is a w4/w6/w9 i have a w4 the smallest of the w seires. hope this help,

Island Cubber
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Island Cubber » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:29 pm

W9's are an absolute beast of a tractor. The Mccormick W9 was built from 1940-1954 I think this would have included the WD9 diesel the WDR9 as well as the International I9 & the ID9 then there is the Mccormick Super WD9 & WDR9. Of course i have not seen many of these in person but they remind me of the Mccormick 650 & OS6 series.For some reason I am drawn to those and they make me drool when I see one. Here is a 650D my son is catching a ride on. Very kewl indeed.
My Ih's are like family

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”