This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Rim width??

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Rear Rim width??

Postby BigBill » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:13 pm

I have a pair of 14,9x24 AG tires i want to mount. The tires say to use 13" wide rims. Right now i have 10" rims so can i get by with these? The 12" wide 4 loop rims were on back order.
Fabricating the 4 loop 12" rims from parts were just out of site price wise. I could save the 10" rims for 11.9 tires and buy the 12" rims and wait.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Re: Rear Rim width??

Postby cowboy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 am

HI Bill

I got those same tires. I put them on 15" wide rims. And they are way too wide. The side wall stick out past the rib and make it easier to rip the sidewall out on a obstruction. I think the 12's would be best. But if you didn't mind the work you could try it on a 10" there is a lot of side wall. But I think it would make it look a little pinched. Ps be carefull putting the the tire on the rim. I almost broke my wrist as I was putting the last bead on. I had my hand between the rim and tire when it dropped on and it took three trys to get twisted around to where I could lift the tire off of my arm with my other hand :oops:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Rear Rim width??

Postby BigBill » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I think i'll get the 12" rims. The side walls do seen to be tougher than the tires i'm used to working on. These are big sneakers that are going on my int154 cub with the front end loader and backhoe.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”