This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Small Farmall Tractor - Real or Custom Made?

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320
Circle of Safety: Y

Small Farmall Tractor - Real or Custom Made?

Postby Tim Martin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:19 am

What's with this tractor? Is it custom made or did Farmall actually produce a tractor this small? My guess is that this is a custom one-off tractor and if it is, the craftsmanship it amazing. It looks like a C-60 Cub engine and that they used a mailbox for the gas tank.

These pictures came from the Red Power Round-Up site.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: Small Farmall Tractor - Real or Custom Made?

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:23 am

Very nice miniaturization! Custom built as you suspect. Some of these guys amaze me with their detailed miniatures. Nice pictures Tim!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 am

I was about to say, if this wasn't custom made, you know what I would be looking for next - I like the small compact tractors.

My hat is off to the guy who took the time to build this little gem.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Hey Tim,

I used to get Farm Show magazine and there would be lots of these pairs of orginals and minature matches. Very cool little replica. I know what you mean about compact tractors...a friend is into pulling tractors and some of the M and H are just too big for smaller projects. Now if I had a mile long corn field I'd be on one. Nice post as always.
Chris

knucklebuster
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71968

Postby knucklebuster » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 pm

I am quite sure that many hours of work went into that. That is some nice craftsmanship.
BILL

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 am

This is a scaled down version of the F-20 and she actually runs too. This is when a machinest is retired with lots of time on his hands. Us and the old timers can do anything we put our minds too, we lost that in the present generations.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am

BigBill wrote:This is a scaled down version of the F-20 and she actually runs too. This is when a machinest is retired with lots of time on his hands. Us and the old timers can do anything we put our minds too, we lost that in the present generations.
Don't put the younger generations down, after all, we have had a lot more time to screw up and correct it than they have. Wait till they are to the same point in life we are before criticizing them. None of us were as perfect as we remember.

The kid driving this rig at the 2004 RPRU also built it.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:41 am

Awesome looking farmall turbo. See what some youngins can do? Why can't they all be like that and think. We have lost that teaching them drive and motivation is what i'm saying. I have always showed a positive additude with everything its just my nature that we can do anything we put our minds to if were willing to put the time in.

I taught my 3 kids to think out of the box when they have too. I also taught them good work ethics. "If you want something you have to work for it"

I'm not putting the younger gereration down, but they have lost that drive that we had to succeed. Most are given everything for free and won't work for it. When i got summer help i could tell who cut the grass at home and who didn't. I could tell right awy who would do good in life and who would struggle in there future.

We need to plant the seeds of life at home its our job to turn out good hard working kids. We need to motivate them and they will see the rewards happen when they do it right.

Back when i was logging my 10 yo son wanted the fastest remote control car at the time "the altima" and it cost me $300 for the kit to build. I told him if he loaded my firewood truck 3 times with 1 cord of wood each load he would get his car. He did it and he got it. Today he works for a former co worker of mine and the guy asks if he has anymore workers like him at home.

All my 3 kids own there own homes and they all have new cars. They were taught by my wife how to handle money and by me how to survive. They are the lucky ones who didn't get over there heads when the banks offered them $600,000 morgages. They purchased affordable houses and stayed within there means.

I got laid off in '83, in '84 and again in '85. I worked 3 months each year and the places closed as i got laid off. I never let that stop me or get me down. Each time i got a better job as i climbed the ladder. My kids seen this that i never gave up and kept positive the whole time. My point is right now today there not worried at all, they say if Dad survived it they can too. I told them i'm proud of them and your future is in your hands, you have to work for it, nothings a given in life nor free. So far there all still working. In any event my chainsaws and truck are sitting there if they need work and can't find any. I can get them plenty of trees to log.

I believe we have lost this way of thinking other than the norm. We have lost the ones who would go the extra mile. And it shows that into todays markets and industries. We have gotten lazy and want to make the big $$. Today that way of thinking is long gone its looming on the horizon now, a new way of thinking and doing things, our money system will be gone soon. Remember the talk of "666" number system?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:05 am

BigBill,
I've got a kid helping me at my place. He's 17 and believe me he can work. What I find that is scary is where I work we have alot of central Americans. One guy who runs the production department has turned into the laziest employee imaginable. Last Thursday I complained about his lack of effort to keep the company afloat during these times and I really would like to see him replaced. Well they are "thinking about the "Oscar Problem". Believe me when the owner of the company gets back from Florida there will be a change. Before the downturn he demanded a $100,000 a year salary. For sitting in his office and releasing work to the factory which is essentially giving the paperwork we give him to an assistant and then going back to doing absolutely nothing. Nice to know that is the next generation of immigrant workers-lazy and greedy. I'm glad that I found a hard working American kid to help on my farm...they still exist. Chris

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:18 am

I've seen this additude too;

This is all i'm ever going to have (so why work?)

This is all i'm ever going to be (so why go to school?)

This is all the money i'm going to make(so why work for advancement)

We actually reap what we plant, you know the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. They learn from us. There a product of the home enviroment.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:24 am

BigBill wrote:We actually reap what we plant, you know the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. They learn from us. There a product of the home enviroment.

Which is specifically why we should never make blanket statements about any generation.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:09 am

Don't take me in a negative way, i try to motivate all that i can to think way out of the box so they can see there real potential. I worked with all the new engineers fresh out of school when they got hired to teach them about the products and give them some hands on experience.

With the many industrial jobs i have had no one is doing now what the companies have done in the past were i have worked. In the old days no matter were you worked when you first got hired you went thru all the departments in the whole plant to actually learn how the company runs and to get an idea how the company operates. Then in your job if you had a problem you actually knew were to go to solve it. I worked for two companies over 100 years old who did this. They even had workers move up to company CEO's and vise presidents from our assembly floor too.

There's is nothing any generation can't do once they realize they can do it. All they need is a push and the drive and motivation to get started. Then the success and $$$ will follow soon after.

I think i did great for a high school drop out. I dropped out of school to make money. I got tired of collecting 5 cent bottles to buy a loaf of bread. I started working when i was just 16 full time. I went from a car/jeep/truck mechanic to running machines in a machine shop to finally assembling machines that were worth up to 2 million dollars back in the 70's/80's. I was responcible for the machine from start to finish. I bounced around after each recession from assembling machines going to all the different machine builders in my area learning the different ways to do things. Then i hit the bigtime. I was offered a lead tech at one of the top 10 engineering groups in the country. I was incharge of the mechanical part of the lab which included the fabrication too. Besides designing test fixtures, testing gear boxes and building dynamometers from the ground up. I even built elevators with no prints too and fabricated most of my own parts too.This was a job i was training for all of my life and didn't know it. I was free to think for myself now on how to do things. I think i did pretty good for a high school dropout. Ya i know if i only had the schooling i could of been much more but i got tired of chasing nickle bottles for a loaf of bread..... I really enjoyed the different experiences that i have had from all the different jobs. Even when i was laid off i never gave up and i always got a better job anyway. When you get laid off never look back always look ahead and keep the motivation another job will always come along for sure.

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 pm

timmartin wrote:What's with this tractor? Is it custom made or did Farmall actually produce a tractor this small? My guess is that this is a custom one-off tractor and if it is, the craftsmanship it amazing. It looks like a C-60 Cub engine and that they used a mailbox for the gas tank.

These pictures came from the Red Power Round-Up site.

Oh goodness. I would love to have an F-20 or some other type of "Original" Farmall, but don't have the space or cash. I do, however, now have a spare C-60 block and some various other parts...I may have found my next project!
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”