This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

300U Questions

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

300U Questions

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:06 pm

I have stumbled accross a 300U that has been sitting for a while and has some issues. First and foremost is a stuck transmission. I removed the shifter tower and the rails will move back and forth, but the tranny is still stuck. I am guessing I will have to remove the rather large cover to access the gears. Other that nasty oil, what should I look for or expect to find in there. It has a S serial number suffix, which I think means equiped with TA an IPTO. Other than a couple emblems and lights missing, it appears to be complete.
Any insight you guys could give me would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: 300U Questions

Postby SONNY » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:54 pm

TA lever will be on the left side in front of your knee----lpto (if equipped) ,will be alongside the seat and could be on either side.-----the suffix means that the tractor has provisions for them,--but someone may have ordered the tractor without them!

See if all the gears will slide along the spline shafting in the transmission.---they could be rusted to the splines and will have to be loosened up before you can get it into neutral thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”