Switch to full style
All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi there, \
I have a broken housing on an H4 magneto. I have another housing to use, but I cannot get the impulse coupler off. I tried to fabricate a puller out of a 9/16, 18 TPI bolt. But the thread inside the coupler must be 19 or 20 ?? TPI. An unusual size. Does anyone know were I could purchase a puller to get this thing off??
Thanks so much for any help...Tom :(

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:55 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner, a member here on the forum has a friend that makes them. I'm sure he'll be along shortly with the info.

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Tom, just found out that the fella that made them sold out. PM me your address and I'll send you mine to use.

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:15 pm

The man that made them for me, will only make them If I can get an order for several. So it will be a while. I believe WK was thinking about getting some made, but not sure.

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks so much....Put me down for a standing order for one..

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Screwstick wrote:Tom, just found out that the fella that made them sold out. PM me your address and I'll send you mine to use.


Thank you so much...PM sent....Tom :D :D :D

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Earl has at least a dozen made and ready to go. 740-969-2927 25.00 to include shipping

Re: H4 magneto question

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:12 pm

WKPoor wrote:Earl has at least a dozen made and ready to go. 740-969-2927 25.00 to include shipping


Thanks...going to call tomorrow :D

Re: H4 magneto question

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Wow..got the puller today. Professional quality, A1 Craftsmanship, Grade 8 bolt. If you were on the fence about ordering one of these from Earl, don"t hesitate. This tool is well worth $25. Thank you ...Tom

Re: H4 magneto question

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Tom, I was just about to send you a message to see if everything worked out with Earl, and looks like it did. The puller makes a world of difference when working on the Mag. Makes a hard job easy! Glad it worked out.

Re: H4 magneto question

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Screwstick wrote:Tom, I was just about to send you a message to see if everything worked out with Earl, and looks like it did. The puller makes a world of difference when working on the Mag. Makes a hard job easy! Glad it worked out.


Thanks Ray...Tom :D
Post a reply