This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Video of a THRASHER in action

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Video of a THRASHER in action

Postby Hengy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 pm

Hey all!

Those of you on Facebook may have seen some pics of the Threshing at Pater Gorman's farm from last weekend. Well, I took some blackberry video of the event, and put a little (well, not so little) Video together on YouTube... The quality is not so great, but you get the idea. I absolutely LOVE watching antique farm equipment run!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Video of a THRASHER in action

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:33 pm

Interesting video Mike :!: I took love to see old machinery in action, be it a water powered mill, a thresher or even an old field mower :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:44 pm

Nice :big afro: , there is a thresher locally to me just sitting and just about reduced to scrap ,,,,,,,,,,,, what does a the thresher do :? shred the hay :?: ?

Ike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66801
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1951 Cub
1938 MH 101
1949 MH 44

Postby Ike » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 am

Jackman wrote:Nice :big afro: , there is a thresher locally to me just sitting and just about reduced to scrap ,,,,,,,,,,,, what does a the thresher do :? shred the hay :?: ?

Jackman,

A thresher removes the individual grains from the grain head and then separates the grain from the straw.

Ike

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks, Mike, that really brought back some memories. I had relatives in Fosterburg, IL, that farmed like that as a daily way of life until their death in 1975. Annie and I had many opportunities to help them and have pitched a lot of bundles. They had two separators, one wooden and a "modern" metal one (like in the video) they looked down on. The only difference is they powered the separator with a Harrison Machine Works, "Jumbo" steam engine. They used horses and a binder to cut the wheat. The men would run the binder and the women would stack the bundles into shocks in the field.

Unfortunately, shortly before the last brother passed away, an outsider snuck-in, bought the engine and both separators for almost nothing and was gone before any of us knew what happened. We know where the engine is but he will not sell it back to the family. :(

Thanks again for posting that. :D :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”