What is this part?

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm

What is this part?

Postby Dave50cub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 am

In going through a box of stuff from an auction, I came across a steel part, which I think may be from some IH machine, judging from the red color and what looks like the IH insignia, but it is a little hard to see the insignia so I'm not sure. There is a part number stamped into it, as follows: TB 496. The letter B is a little unclear, it might be an 8.

The piece is round, like a collar from something. It has a bolt threaded into the side which would hold it firmly onto whatever it fits. I could give exact dimensions, but it is in the barn right now and I figured someone might be able to identify it just from the part number. Any ideas what it is?

User avatar
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Posts: 23644
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:09 pm
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.
Location: Mo, Potosi

Re: What is this part?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:06 pm

a picture would be most helpful.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

User avatar
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 24144
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:50 pm
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, Circleville

Re: What is this part?

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Sounds like a locking collar from a cultivator pressure rod.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!



Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests