This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My first & bad Steiner order experience

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My first & bad Steiner order experience

Postby Rick Spivey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Song wrote:But all companies should try and not sell items that are of shoddy workman ship. It leaves a bad mark on them in the minds of buyers no matter how much patience they have.

Terry,

I will bet you $100 (no kidding) that Steiner DOES "try and not sell items that are of shoddy workmanship". There are truly very few "crooked" sellers out there, and most of them are outed and put out of business, especially on a forum with this kind of participation. We've all bought something defective before, and it is frustrating. But it seems to be a fact of life, and I suggest we have to give the seller an honest chance to make it right. Looks like Steiner is doing that for you.

I work for Michelin tire, which I know you run on your vehicle (Thanks!), and occasionally (very occasionally), even we have something less than first quality get out. Don't tell anyone I admitted to that. My point is, we are definitely trying to be certain no shoddy workmanship gets past us, but even with our best efforts, stuff happens.

Work with Steiner, let them know your expectations weren't met (in a professional way), and don't be afraid to tell them what it will take to make you happy (but be realistic about it)! They may surprise you!
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Song » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Rick Spivey wrote:
Song wrote:But all companies should try and not sell items that are of shoddy workman ship. It leaves a bad mark on them in the minds of buyers no matter how much patience they have.

Terry,

I will bet you $100 (no kidding) that Steiner DOES "try and not sell items that are of shoddy workmanship". There are truly very few "crooked" sellers out there, and most of them are outed and put out of business, especially on a forum with this kind of participation. We've all bought something defective before, and it is frustrating. But it seems to be a fact of life, and I suggest we have to give the seller an honest chance to make it right. Looks like Steiner is doing that for you.

I work for Michelin tire, which I know you run on your vehicle (Thanks!), and occasionally (very occasionally), even we have something less than first quality get out. Don't tell anyone I admitted to that. My point is, we are definitely trying to be certain no shoddy workmanship gets past us, but even with our best efforts, stuff happens.

Work with Steiner, let them know your expectations weren't met (in a professional way), and don't be afraid to tell them what it will take to make you happy (but be realistic about it)! They may surprise you!

I didn't say they were crooked, I said they need to try and not let shoddy items through to the consumer. Mistakes happen but they shouldn't right out of the gate. Maybe I am comparing them to TM Tractor too much and expecting perfection. :P I didn't want anything from them after that. I did tell them what happened and forgot it. Anyways, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh and I have NEVER had a bad Michelin tire in the 15 plus years or so I've been buying tires. There is no bad Michelin!

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:55 am

Song wrote:
Rick Spivey wrote:

Terry,

I didn't say they were crooked, I said they need to try and not let shoddy items through to the consumer. Mistakes happen but they shouldn't right out of the gate. Maybe I am comparing them to TM Tractor too much and expecting perfection. :P I didn't want anything from them after that. I did tell them what happened and forgot it. Anyways, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh and I have NEVER had a bad Michelin tire in the 15 plus years or so I've been buying tires. There is no bad Michelin!

Thats my problem. SPOILED by TM. I expect that kind of service, from others. Doesn't happen often. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am

As I understand it, a lot of the stuff Steiner sells is sold by other vendors. So there are probably other places with bad reflectors on their shelf.

I bought a 424 steering wheel and center cap from them, the wheel was made in China. The "feel" is a little different than the original but so far it's holding up well, and it's the best I have been able to find other than getting a used one from a salvage yard. They appear to have some items I haven't been able to find elsewhere.

Reproduction/aftermarket parts are a crapshoot, especially if you want it to be 'just like the oem."

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

The dealer I used to work for buys a lot of stuff from them and I only knew of one screwup. They sent a wrong relay switch and when notified they sent the right one and told him to keep the wrong one as it would be cheaper than shipping it back. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Welcome to the world of never seeing what you sell. I'd bet Steiner doesn't make the reflectors but buys them from "somebody". They got a couple samples to examine when they decided to add them to their line of products. Then they got a couple cases of them to put on the shelf that nobody ever really inspected. When you order one Billy goes and gets one out of the cases and puts it in the box with your gaskets. It's wrapped up so Billy is not going to open it to inspect it and probably wouldn't be able to tell you if it wasn't right even if he did open it (no offense intended to Billy). So the first anybody at Steiner knows about a bad one is when the customer tells them after receiving it. Don't you love being in kwalty cuntrol :D

Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Song » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:48 pm

UPDATE:

I kept getting mailings from these goobers. I kept tossing them, unopened, in the trash. On the 5th one there was a bright yellow sticker about they could no longer support my account if I didn't pay the account. Well that caught my attention and I opened the thing. It turned out to be a past due bill for that dang reflector that was junk when it arrived. They wanted me to pay for the replacement they sent me. Well that didn't sit right with me since they told me they were replacing it free of charge. I called the place up and told them I wasn't paying it since I had the email on my screen that says FREE replacement. I sent them a forward of the email, from them, and that was that.

Just thought I'd pass that info on to the people on here. You can make up your own mind on them.

Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Song » Fri May 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Another UPDATE:

These Steiner people send me yet ANOTHER bill! After confirmation on the phone that I owe NOTHING.

Steiner is BAD for the tractor business.

tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609

Postby tnestell » Fri May 07, 2010 5:47 pm

I have had good luck with Steiners. They have a very nice showroom and their merchandise looks to be of good quality. From the looks of their business, clean, well stocked, friendly I believe they have to be an honest business beyond reproach. Ted

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Terry - you have made your point well that you don't like Steiner's. It is time to let it go and move on.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”