This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 300 Clutch, Torque Amp rebuild questions

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Danny D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40228

IH 300 Clutch, Torque Amp rebuild questions

Postby Danny D » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 pm

I have my Granddads Farmall 300 row crop tractor that has been acting up lately. The TA quit working about 15 years ago. Now the clutch is doing strange things. It dose not want to disengage allowing for a smooth shift. When the tractor is cold it shifts OK. As it warms it becomes harder to shift. I have adjusted the clutch. The transmission keeps turning and the gears grind when shifting. As the clutch is engaged and the trans is in a forward speed the tractor jumps slightly in reverse before forward. The clutch does not slip under a load. Im wondering if it has something to do with the live PTO? Im thinking of replacing the clutch and repair the TA. It has never been done that I know of. On the TA rebuild video that I have they say "Just replace the eight $2.00 pins in the TA and your all set". If thats all there is to it, how come places that rebuild them charge $500.00? Thanks, Danny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: IH 300 Clutch, Torque Amp rebuild questions

Postby SONNY » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 pm

They dont tell/show ya about all them LOOSE needle bearings that go flying out when ya get things apart! ----That $500 is mostly all labor of getting them stupid things back together again!

I made the mistake of taking one of them apart ONCE,---that tractor now does NOT have a torque in it!--- I left it out!---Good luck on your venture!!! thanks ;sonny

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”