This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I hate painting

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: I hate painting

Postby Rudi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Billy:

Now that is one sharp looking wagon/running gear. I really like the contrast between the white and the red. The ferd rims look cool on it too :lol: That is an impressive tilt bed and should prove to be sufficient for dumping wood etc., as I assume that will be the primary use - hauling firewood etc., and of course the obligatory duty as a kiddie express or adult hay ride wagon.

I am always impressed by the amount of stuff you seem to get done... always a project or 12 on the go. How do you manage.. :D Keep up posting the pics, I enjoy the presentations. Always have interesting stuff and ideas in em and I like that :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:57 am

Billy - like all of your projects this one looks great! Nice job!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Nice job, it looks brand new. When you give hay rides you can use the tilt to remove the passengers. :shock: :shock:
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 am

Thanks Rudi

I don't really do all that much. It just looks that way when playing with big stuff. I spend more time walking around trying to figure out what I want to do and how I want to do it than actually doing it.

Thanks BigDog

I am slowly learning that I have to clean it up and get it painted before I use it or I never will. Once I get something working I rarely touch it unless it breaks.

Thanks Spaceghost

Ya got that right :{_}: I should have the deck on this weekend. My nephew is coming up and I am going to stage some pictures making it look as if I am dumping him out :D

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 am

Billy, great lookin' trailer!! :D

Hard to go wrong with a red and white color scheme. We'll be lookin' forward to seeing it with the deck on too!! :{_}:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:55 am

Thanks Stanton

Have a great day :{_}:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

josys36
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61272
Tractors Owned: Tractors

1940s Allis Chalmers B
1966 140

Cars

1964 Cadillac
1955 R190

Postby josys36 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Cowboy I could not agree with you further. I hate painting! When everything aligns it looks great, but then you have a day when nothing you do seems to work. My brother worked in auto body for many years. It is amazing how you paint one day and it is great, and then the next day you can't seem to replicate when you did the day before! Anyway these both look good. You have done some nice work and really my opinion is when it comes to paint we are our own worst critics.
Jason

"Beauty through function and simplification."
"Raymond Lowey"

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks Josys36

I usually get my younger brother to do all my painting he really knows his stuff. But he has really been busy so I had to do it myself. I think it turned out great and am happy with it.

Billy

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:28 am

Well I got the deck on and am waiting for my brother to get the stake pockets done. I sent him a drawing of what I wanted but for some reason it got saved to my drafts and not sent. But I should have them for the next time I go up!!

My friend Scott gave me some snow and ice shield to put under the deck. He said it really helps to keep the beams from rotting.

I cut it out and laid it on the beams then heated it up with a frost burner and it pretty much glued itself down. I hung it 1/2" over each side of the beam so any rain will run off.

Finally got the Super Uncle Billy hay wagon done!!!! Now I can take the kids for a hay ride!!!! But if they are bad or get too rowdy I can just dump them out!!!!

Ahh what's going on Help!!!

Going UP!!!!!!!! Hold on!!!!

Ok so I totally staged these pictures. I didn't dump Robby out.

Billy

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:03 am

Excellent! That snow and ice stuff is a great idea on top of wood... no standing water should help it last forever.

See you got the ejection system working! That is awesome! Do you set it like a mousetrap?
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks Larry

Nope I still have some work to do on it :D It lifts too slow :wink: I need a much bigger hyd pump so I can throw them off :{_}:

Billy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Billy:

I like it. That ice damn rubber is the cat's meow when it comes to protecting wood or even a roof :D I like the wagon and the dump feature. That is really going to come in handy. Well done :!: :applause:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:34 am

Thanks Rudi

I'm pretty happy with it. But I need to get stake racks made for it. I hauled one load of firewood with it but it was too much of a pain trying to keep it on the wagon.

Billy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:17 am

Billy:

Stake racks would be useful, sure make loading and transport easier. Going to be a really nice rig when it is all done. Will make work a tad bit easier. I take it that is the pit that you use for road material etc. :?:

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 am

Thanks Rudi

Yep it is :D I was running out of room again and had to clear some more trees off of it.

It took 29 20,000lbs loads of gravel to make the front drive for the barn. The 23' wide culvert doesn't seem so wide when driving the dumptruck over it! I still have to get the side drive in. But I have to get the ditches established yet. And I am putting a 50' culvert in that one. And I still need 4-6" of gravel inside the barn. I left it low so we could concrete the inside but that doesn't look like it will happen soon. Luckily the wagon will go inside and dump since the dumptruck won't.

Billy

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”