This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sickle Mower

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sickle Mower

Postby mikeintn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:57 pm

I am wanting to put this mower on a SC, just took it off a C, on the C they was a rod from the rockshaft to the back off the tractor that then raised the end of the sickle mower off the ground about 18 in. I was told its a 124 mower, I don’t know anything about a sickle mower never had one, but it seems to be good for trimming, so can anyone tell me is there a way for this mower to be raised up and down with the SC and the hitch that’s on it, I have it mounted to the tractor just can’t figure a way to raise the end of it up and down, is there a factory way of doing it, if not any other ideas to do it, and how high can the end be raised and mow with it without breaking something, any input would be great :D Thanks Mike

Image,Image.Image,Image,
Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sickle Mower

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:11 pm

First off, you aren't going to get far with your Fast-Hitch drawbar bottom side up. The best solution is probably to add brackets to mount a hydraulic cylinder directly on the mower. It needs to be able to push the cable arm forward. You can replace the Fast-Hitch lift cylinder with a fixed length support and use that cylinder on the mower.

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mikeintn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks Jim, I thought about the hyd. cyl, on the mower, that may be the way to go, just was hoping that there may have been an easier way,the drawbar is but its not upside down :? I cut the ends off and turned it over so it would be the right height for the mower, that works good now, 2 bolts and it bolts right to the mower :D any idea how high the end of the bar can be off the ground when mowing without breaking something, like mowing the edge of small bank.
Mike

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Seems like it would have been easier to turn the part on the mower over and run the lift up. I suppose you could pin the tilt on the hitch then run the cable on up to a Touch-Control arm. You can't run the end of the cutter bar too much above the inside, maybe 10 degrees. I don't know what the limit is on that mower. If you start to get too high you can hear it complain well before anything breaks. It will start to clatter.

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mikeintn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:20 pm

I"m going to look at pinning the tilt and the use of a cable that just may work Jim :D, I wished I could have just turned the piece over on the mower but it just didnt have enough offset to make it work even with the lift all the way up. Thanks for the info.
Mike

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:04 pm

on my sickle, 2 axle mounted and 1 fast hitch, the axle mounts have a long rod that goes up to the touch control for lift, and the fast hitch didn't have anything, but I just ran some light duty 5/16" chain up to the touch control, works great, as that's sort of the way they were made to work haha

Johnny

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”