This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Are implement (sickle) replacement springs available??

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Johnnyrock70
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub
1948 Case VAI
1966 Jacobsen 800 Chief
1967/68 Toro Suburban

Are implement (sickle) replacement springs available??

Postby Johnnyrock70 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi all,
I'm getting a bit concerned about the condition of my Case springs. I dont want one snapping and taking an eye out of the kids or myself!
I would like to replace my 1948 Case 'VAI' sickle mover attachment springs. Are these readily available??
Thanks for any advice!

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff34 ... Mc7C6-.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Are implement (sickle) replacement springs available??

Postby Eugene » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 am

Just thinking. Have you tried the Case/IH & New Holland dealerships? You probably have.

If you can get the spring(s) off, intact. Take them to an industrial supply machine shop and/or to your nearest tractor dealership. They should be able to match them up.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Are implement (sickle) replacement springs available??

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am

I had some obsolete garage door springs custom made at prices that did fit the budget. Search online if the dealer does not have them. For safety, a 3/16 cable can be run through the spring with enough slack to accommodate maximum extension. Cable clamps at each end complete the installation.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”