This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leaking 300 tranmission

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
magnumbankshot
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27546
Tractors Owned: Cub-LoBoy

Leaking 300 tranmission

Postby magnumbankshot » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 pm

I am looking at an International 300 with a Mccormick bucket loader on the front for $1700, but it has sat out in the weather for 3 or 4 years and the transmission is leaking 90 wt. out the front, probably the front seal right. Does anyone have any tips on how to soften the seal or stop the leak without tearing that big beast apart and changing the seals. I don't know about other parts of the country but around here it's hard to find a decent tractor on a budget. And the fact that I NEED a bucket makes the hunt even harder.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Leaking 300 tranmission

Postby Eugene » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Welcome

Suggest draining the transmission and differential. My first guess is that it/they are full of water. Water/condensation accumulation in the transmission/differential is a common problem with some tractors that sit outside.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Leaking 300 tranmission

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Assuming they have not changed the setup to much over the H, you can change the seal without splitting
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”