This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

False Alarm!

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: False Alarm!

Postby Scrivet » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Don McCombs wrote:Definitely a Super A. :wink:

It might have to come to the barnyard if the price is right. :lol:

Gonna be some mighty unhappy snakes and wasps come spring if their home is gone!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm

I received a call today and it was hard to understand what the man was talking about. Another voice came on the line and said that man asked if I was the fella that had called Mr. Witt (the tractor’s owner) on Sunday. (Mrs. Witt had told me on Sunday that her husband had suffered a stroke a few years back and didn’t understand conversations very well anymore. That is why I had talked to her that day.) I told the man that I was the one who called and he asked if I was the one trying to sell him a car. I said “No” and I told him it was about the tractor behind the house. I could hear the guy tell Mr. Witt that I had called about renting the house. I cut in and said no I was calling about the tractor behind the house, putting a little more emphasis on it. Now the fellow tells him I was calling about “fixing the crack behind the house”. I stopped him again and with a little stronger voice I said I was interested in the “tractor” behind the house. Repeating that Mrs. Witt had said she would get back with me on a price.

This time he under stood, so I heard him ask Mr. Witt if he wanted to sell his tractor. I could hear Mr. Witt say he did, so I asked how much. The friend asked how much he wanted and I could hear 75, but the rest was muffled. His friend got back on the phone and said Mr. Witt would take $7500.00 for it.
I said we may be talking about a different tractor. The friend said he would have Mrs. Witt call when she got home. I thought that was a good idea. I'm sure that in Mr. Witt's mind that is a fair price.

I now have my doubts about this one making it to the barnyard.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Groove Critter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44045
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub (Sophie)
1949 cub Loren
1954 cub Nussie

Postby Groove Critter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Bill,
I would not have thought you would give up that easy. I am sure there is just an extra zero there perhaps? Don't you have that cub mechanism working on persuading the owners too? :roll:
The glass is half full
the upper portion is wasted material
the content is delicious, cold and refreshing!

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Seems a bit high, Bill. However, a friend told me of a cub which an acquaintance had. It had not run in many years as the electrical system was damaged from trying to start the six volt system off of a twelve volt battery. It had been moved into a shed. The shed roof had a hole positioned so that water dripped down on the fuel tank each time it rained. Over the years, a good sized hole had rusted in the top of the tank. His asking price was $2200 and he was convinced that this was a reasonable price. At that price, he probably still has it. Dan

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby brichter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:57 pm

At DSCF 1 last year, a lady came up and asked how she could tell what year it was. I told her and she asked if I would come by and look at hers that she had in the barn. RELUCTANTLY I agreed to come by and look at it. It was a mess. Had been there for years ???? all tires flat, had a wire for a choke cable. The only redeemable factor was it had almost a brand new Woods 59 mower. I asked her the price she would take for it. She said 2500. i called her later and asked about just the mower. No dice, it all had to go together. it was still 2500. it's still in her barn.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:09 pm

just to clarify.....

the W4 and W6 series used the same cast front wheel hubs and hense the same front weights as the A,B,C,H,M etc. some orchards used different front wheel hubs (solid)
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”