This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

White Farmall Tractor

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
sawmill
10+ Years
10+ Years

White Farmall Tractor

Postby sawmill » Sun May 29, 2011 5:37 am

I know that there were some Cubs painted white but was any of the other models painted white? There is a Farmall with a wide front for sale a short ways from me that has been for sale since last fall and most of the red paint is gone and it looks to be white underneath. I don't know the model number but it is one of the larger tractors. If I can remember I will stop and look at it this morning.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: White Farmall Tractor

Postby Barnyard » Sun May 29, 2011 6:14 am

Super A'a and C's were also white on some models in 1950. I am not sure if there were others.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel

Postby gitractorman » Sun May 29, 2011 6:15 am

Yes, the Farmall A and C were both built as Demonstrators in early 1950 along with the Cub. The A was 2/3 bigger than a cub. The C was slightly bigger than the A. All Farmall A tractors were wide front end with offset steering just like a Cub. The C was a straight on tractor (seat directly behind the engine) and most were narrow front end with the two wheels direcly under the bolster (tricycle style), but the C was available with a wide front end also.
Super A Demonstrator
Super C Demonstrator

C with wide front end.

Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 am

No Farmall As were demos only the Super As were Demos, The A was the predecessor to the Super A
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun May 29, 2011 10:27 am

Wow. Looks like Franklin Mint botched up their white Super A to their usual standards.

Steve H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45371
eBay ID: 937Plumb3360
Tractors Owned: Ford 2n
Ford Jubilee
Case 685
JD 4020
JD x300(mower)
53 F-Cub (dads)
72 Cub(dads)
48 Farmall H

Postby Steve H » Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm

I wonder how many Super A's were demos compared to Cubs? And likewise compared to C's? I heard a few people say a couple different production count on Cub demos but never on Super A's or C's. Do you think they produced as many of each?
I'M HAVIN A BLAST!!!!

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun May 29, 2011 9:07 pm

They made roughly 20,000 of each model Cub, SA, and C , I think they made about 2 or 3 thousand demos of each , this is just speculation on my part

Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Steve H wrote:I wonder how many Super A's were demos compared to Cubs? And likewise compared to C's? I heard a few people say a couple different production count on Cub demos but never on Super A's or C's. Do you think they produced as many of each?

If you just look at serial numbers from the beginning of 1950 through say, April, the Super A theoretically would have the smallest number of white demo's. When you start talking about whether all of those numbers were white or not, the waters get kind of muddy. I would say based on the number we see discussed/collected/restored, the C's and Cub's outnumber Super A's.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Al, I think the reason you dont see as many SAs is that they are still being used on farms. You just dont see a lot of SAs junked
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun May 29, 2011 10:11 pm

David, I agree. So many are still working.'

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Sun May 29, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm dreaming of a White (Super A) Christmas, just like the ones I used to know..."
Boss, what do you think the price difference would be for two Cubs of equally good ( in average shape, hrs, paint,) condition, year, options, etc., One is red, the other is a comfirmed Demo.
Is that about $1000 more for 'Snowwhite?
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sun May 29, 2011 11:55 pm

In my opinion, there is NO difference in value.

Too many non Demo cubs have been "demo'd. There are certainly REAL Demo's out there. But, there are so many red tractors that have been totally stripped down, and painted white, and made into the elusive "DEMO'

If I were to purposefully purchase a demo cub, it would still have its original white paint, and not have been repainted red by the dealer, or a PO. They are the most valuable demo's in my book.

As a side note, most everyone I know that has a restored white one, complains about how hard it is to keep clean and free of leaks and oil stains.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 am

55redcub wrote:I'm dreaming of a White (Super A) Christmas, just like the ones I used to know..."
Boss, what do you think the price difference would be for two Cubs of equally good ( in average shape, hrs, paint,) condition, year, options, etc., One is red, the other is a comfirmed Demo.
Is that about $1000 more for 'Snowwhite?

A super a demo is worth about the same as a 140 , and a cub demo is worth about the same as a 76 to 79 cub in my opinion
I am speaking of a running tractor in good condition and showing white paint.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Mon May 30, 2011 8:25 am

I agree with Boss and Dale. To me the most "valuable" white demo is the one that has never been repainted--the original white is the only paint on the tractor. After that, to me it must show white coming through the red. Serial numbers are important but not as important as the presence of white paint.

Some people have mentioned someone painting a non-demo tractor white, and then red. I don't see it. Even if they did it in the '80s you should be able to tell by the condition of the white paint underneath.

On the Super A demo I bought from Boss, I am having a hard time making out the two middle digits of the serial number. He and I both had trouble reading it. But, there's white paint shining through everywhere. That leaves no doubt what it is.

A good friend of mine bought a nice, straight Cub for his garden last summer. He emailed me pictures, and there was this "spot" of white on the steering rod support, right in front of the steering wheel. When I first saw it, I said to myself "nah...bird poop!" Then I noticed another white speck around the touch control lever, and another one on the fender. I sent him an email to chek his serial number. Sure enough--white demo. He did some checking and there was white paint "everywhere!"

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”